Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Monday and a busy one for sure

My regular routine is to get up about 6am and have breakfast so I can be finished before 6:50am. I try to have a good breakfast because I will not be able to eat anything until 9:50am; 3 hours with no food, form of torture for me!!!  For breakfast I have my superjuice with all kinds of fruits, vegetables herbs and spices, also some oatmeal loaded with prunes. When I wake up earlier I try to go for a walk but today I had a hard time getting up, the good news, I am sleeping better, yeah!!!!! I am also feeling more tired, the result of both Chemo and radiation. Well I guess I am really radioactive now, so be careful.
Yesterday after radio I had my weekly visit with Dr. Facundes the highlight of my week at the hospital, he is so good looking!!! Then I had my first biweekly visit with Dr. Schultz, blood test and status of my treatment. So far all looks well, besides being tired and a little dizzy mostly when I get up I have not had any other side effects.

Yesterday I overslept so I could only have oatmeal but no juice, I was hungryyy, not good. Today was a better day.  But yesterday when I came home and my great yogini friend Monica was here for another great session of Tai Chi and relaxation. Followed by a walk to Companion bread, we really wanted to go to half and half but they have limited service on Mondays. We also went to the mall to visit the Apple store, in hindsight I should have stayed home since I had a doctors appointment and dinner out to celebrate my friend's Kety's birthday. So I was very tired this morning. It was fun to celebrate with my friends.

The irises are blooming and look gorgeous, all is green and the weather is getting warmer. We had a wet Monday but Tuesday is a lovely sunny day.

Have me in your thoughts.

Dr. Facundes and me with my short hair

Dinner at robust with my latin friends



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to read that you are starting to sleep better....not so good though knowing that you wake up a little dizzy...hope it will get better, my dearest amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are feeling up to recording and sharing this journey with others. You have such a great outlook and are touching so many with the energy you irradiate. Wishing you the best and I hope to see you in October.

    ReplyDelete