Sunday, April 22, 2012

Long break, much has happened.

Wednesday Night Yoga with Karen, Luca, Raquel, Monica, Frydel, Nicole and Patty
Since my last post I have lots of news to report. For starters I am feeling much better. On Wednesday I finished or graduated from physical therapy. The following day I had Occupational therapy and discovered that for some reason I have not had any Speech therapy scheduled? They are looking into that. I am tired as a result of the chemo and radiation but with enough energy to walk in the mornings. I have joined a gym and today did 30 min of ellyptical. On Wednesday my sister Patty arrived from Florida and my good friend Alejandra Clinkscales came from LA.

Alejandra, me and Patty



Ale, my daughter was just stressed and is feeling better now, what a relief!
We had nice day with yoga with Yogi supreme Monica in the park on Thursday and a great lunch at Half and Half, my friend Alejandra joined us. On Friday we had a rainy day so no yoga in the park :(
but we went again to Half and Half for another great lunch. The evening took us to the Grove in St. Louis a really cool area. We went to meet some friends to listen to a band but it was too loud so we ended up at Sanctuaria a nice latin restaurant with a great cuban bread dessert and delicious empanadas and papa rellena!! Wanted to go dancing but it was not meant to happen.
At Sanctuaria with Dennis and Ines, Raquel, me, Alejandra and Elliot


Saturday morning we said goodbye to Alejandra that promised to come back!!! It was a sunny cool day, felt like fall. The weather has been very strange. It was a quite day with a great lasagna in the evening made by my sister Karen, I made quinoa bread loved by all.  We also looked at cars all afternoon with my mom and Elliot, we might end up getting the Escape! Still researching.

Sunday was an interesting day with a big surprise. We went for an hour walk early followed by a visit to the gym. Next we went to visit a buddist temple, very interesting, considering following it. Next a delicious brunch at the Uchitelle's we all enjoyed. In the afternoon we made the discovery that Nicole had lice, not good!! We discovered most of the family had lice, not fun, spent most of the rest of the day treating all affected.
Ale and me

My hubby and I

Patty, Karen and Luca

Great Brunch

All the girls

Luca playing the piano at the Uchitelle's
The Schoemaker sister and mom


Overall I will have to say it was a great week, even with a few challenges.
Hope to keep writing on a regular basis.

Have a great week!!!

3 comments:

  1. Frydelita thanks for sharing,
    You are writting the manual in how to beat cancer.
    Its called LOVE. : ) massive amounts of it.
    and we love you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, but I do not know who you are to thank you!! Let me know so I am aware where all this positive energy is coming from.

      Delete
  2. Frydel,
    Gracias por mantenernos al tanto de tu vida en tu blog. Se me llena el alma de alegría el verte rodeada de tus hermanas, tu mami y tantas amigas que te quieren y te apoyan. Cada visita llena tu corazón de amor y alegría, cada quién aportando un cachito para que sepas que todos estamos echando porras y apoyándote, las de lejos, en espíritu.
    Voy a estar allá la semana del 9 de junio y espero tengas unas hojitas para que te pueda ir a visitar.
    Sigues en mis oraciones, seguimos todos peleando juntos y ganaremos tengo seguro.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete