Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's getting better everyday

I am back after a few days off my blog. I continue to recover and find that I can see myself improving.  It is like seeing a child learning except it is me doing it. I can now walk quite well and expect to be able to go for walks by myself soon, yeah!!!

The past few days I had visitors, from farther away came Seth, my brother in law, we had a lovely meal together at a new restaurant in Clayton, Crushed Red, interesting but the food seemed a little bland :(
My friend Alicia came by Monday, and today Eloisa was here.  Marian who is like part of the family comes by every chance she gets. She is leaving for a long weekend to NYC tomorrow, we will miss her.

I have asked help from my friends in order to go to my multiple visits. I have a daily radiation session Monday-Friday at Missouri Baptist. This past Monday Susan, my mother in love, was kind enough to drive me. I also have physical therapy sessions back at the Rehabilitation center 2 or 3 times a week, my friend Maria took me to the one on Monday. I am trying to give my mom a rest from all the driving!!

This past Sunday we had gorgeous weather and made it to the Zoo, one of my favorite spots in town!! We walked around, rode the train and visited the children's zoo. I miss going to the zoo now that my children are no longer interested :(  I will have to make excuses to enjoy it again.


On my physical recovery I was happy to learn I am progressing and will take a driving test next week!!!! Very exciting. I am also decreasing some of the drugs I have been taking to avoid swelling but that cause me insomnia.  Some nights I was only able to sleep a few hours and was wired due to the medication. I am not having much side effects from the meds, I am very pleased about that.

I continue with yoga sessions with my dear friend Monica who is an amazing teacher and friend. Today we had a session with my mom!!

Two more days and I will have Nicole, Karen and Luca here, I am very excited.

Well, it is getting late and I will attempt to go to bed early in order to get a good night sleep.

Until next time. Wishing all of you good health and peace.

2 comments:

  1. My dearest Frydel, reading this makes me feel like I am there with you!~ Everyday I think about you, pray and send all my best wishes for you. You are so amazingly strong and an example for all of us.

    With much love, your sis in law, Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear about your progress Frydel, I pray for continuous blessing like family and good response to treatment and medications. Mostly too, prayers to guide your doctors to give you what you need to win.
    Un beso grande amiga,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete