Friday, April 13, 2012

Family and Friends

This past Thursday marked the 1st week of radiation and this Saturday will be the 1st week for chemotherapy. I feel a little different but luckily the only side effect has been lack of sleep. I am now taking less pills, and feeling more energy. I am trying to walk daily a couple of times a day to build up my strength. It is getting better. I have my morning routine, during the week I have to eat breakfast before 6:50am, wait until 7:50am to take my chemo pills followed by radiation at 8:50am.Wait another hour and finally at 9:50am I can eat again. No more diet restrictions for the rest of the day. On the weekends I only take the chemo pills so everything is the same except no 8:50 radiation.

Contemplating the possibility of medical marihuana!! I am open to all options!

This past Thursday we had the arrival of Nicole from Indonesia, to stay at least for the summer, yeah!! Followed that evening by the arrival of my sister Karen and her son Luca from Paris, what a treat to have them all here. The house is filling up, like old times!!  Stephen arrived Friday night from LA and the next family member to arrive is my sister Patty. Only the boys are missing, waiting to see them soon.


We celebrated Karen's birthday Friday. I made some birthday Foccacia in her honor, happy to report she loved it. In the evening we had some delicious Lomo Saltado with Lentils and salad courtesy of Ines Schultz.



Friday brought rain and it is with us for the weekend, lots and lots of rain. This Saturday Ale has a violin competition in the morning followed by practice with the Suzuki Ensemble. A full morning for Ale!

Well looks like I am sleepy so I will go back to bed to get some much needed rest.  Good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment