Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I am back after a long break. No news is good news and it is certainly the case with me. After I finished with radiation and chemotherapy my results have been excellent. We went for my check up at Duke and the nurse could not believe the scan she was looking at was from the same person!!! After part 1 of my treatment I had a 3 week break from all treatment except Avastin, I get a dose every 2 weeks. On June 12th I started again with chemotherapy, more that doubling the Temidor dose I was receiving with radiation. I will be taking chemo pills for 5 days and resting 23 days, so I am on a 28 day program. This will last for 12 months more or less, then I will be done if it all remains clean.

Today I spoke with JJ, a woman from Boston who had Glioblastoma Multiforme Grade 4 like me 9 years ago. She is doing great and has been well for several years after her treatment stopped. She could not be operated due to the location of her tumor. She was very impressed with my progress.

My children are all here, it is wonderful to have all 3 of them here. Stephen is working remotely with his office in LA, Nicole is here for the summer but leaving for Indonesia this Sunday, she will be there 4 weeks. Alejandra is 14 so she has a few more years with us. She is going to Birchwood camp in July for 4 weeks. We are all getting ready to go to Minnesota for the weekend and from there Ale, Elliot, his parents and me will be going to Beaver Creek for a week of violin camp for Ale. Looking forward to being in the mountains.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment