Sunday, June 23, 2013

End of Chemotherapy - Saturday June 8, 2013 / El final de mi quimoterapia - Sabado 8 de Junio, 2013

It is official per Dr. Ranjan at Duke, I am done with chemo. Not only that, I am doing so well, I will get Avastin infusions only once a month for 12 months and then I will be done.  My healing is not what normally happens to patients with Glioblastoma Multiforme Grade 4 tumor, it is very aggressive cancer but I am now confident that it is behind me and the war is over. Check up MRI's will continue every 2 months and I will be going to Duke every 4 months. My doctor was amazed and very happy for me. As she told me during my last visit, this is not what normally happens.

I am planning to have a big celebration for my birthday in August with family and friends. I want to thank everybody for their wonderful support. In these past year and 3 months I have been fortunate to have the support of so many that have helped me with all kinds of needs. Driving, cooking, cleaning, our dog, cards, flowers, calls, gifts. I have felt so much support and love and for this I am humbled and thankful.

So I can say now life is wonderful, my family and friends are amazing. I could not have done it without all your support.


 (Castellano)

Es oficial, la doctora Ranjan, mi medico en Duke me indico que habia terminado con la quimoterapia. No solo eso sino que me va tan bien que recibire solo una vez al mes Avastin, una droga que estuve recibiendo desde el comienzo y ahora cambiara la dosis y la frecuencia!!! Lo que me ha sucedido no es el resultado que tiene este tipo de tumor; el Glioblastoma Multiforme de Grado 4, que es muy agresivo.  Logre curarme de este cancer y este tratamiento final de Avastin es como un seguro!!
Ahora continuare con mi Resonancia Magnetica del cerebro cada 2 meses y mis visitas a Duke seran cada 4 meses!! Mi doctora esta sorprendida y muy feliz.

Estoy planeando una gran celebracion en Agosto el 10, un dia despues de mi cumpleanyos para la familia y amigos. Quiero agradecerles a todos por todo el apoyo que recibido y celebrar este triunfo. Tengo una suerte increible y he recibido tanto apoyo con el manejar, cocinar, limpiar, el perro, las tarjetas, las llamadas, los regalos, las flores, etc.  He sentido tanto apoyo y amor y me siento muy bendecida y agradecida!

Les puedo decir ahora que mi vida es maravillosa, mi familia y amigos son fantasticos. No lo hubiera podido lograr si su apoyo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment